Job ID: 16424
Location: Louisville Kentucky
Community Mortgage Lending Manager
America’s first billion-dollar black-owned bank, Liberty Bank and Trust is a part of history, and we don’t take that success or the privilege to serve our customers lightly. Liberty and our legacy institutions, with branches in 11 states, have stood steadfastly with underserved and often-forgotten communities for over 100 years.
We are growing and building our team with people who want to expand their horizons and surround themselves with inclusive, mission-driven peers looking to impact communities and families positively.
Our mission is to carry on the important work of generations of black-owned bank operators by preserving and providing access to affordable financial products and services to traditionally underserved markets. Liberty has been a lifeline for many who have pursued dreams of homeownership, growing businesses, providing for college, or even starting lifelong careers.
We strive to be as resilient as the people we serve. Whether it’s a community, a burgeoning business, or untapped talent, we believe in the possibility of financial freedom.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Liberty Bank and Trust mortgage team. If you have experience in community mortgage lending, we’d love to hear from you! To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.libertybank.net
Under the direction of the AVP of Mortgage and VP of Mortgage, you will manage a team of LOs and their activities, including the origination, processing, closing, and funding of mortgage loans. As the Community Mortgage Lending Manager, you will assure our customers that excellent service is provided to maximize branch profits and anticipate and prepare for continued mortgage sales growth, making sure a team of LOs is adequately staffed based on mortgage goals and ensuring LOs are properly trained to achieve the company’s mortgage loan goals and objectives.
At Liberty Bank and Trust, you’ll find freedom here – for our customers and you.
To be successful, you should have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other relevant field
· 5 years of related experience and/or training
· Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines, loan processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending is a plus.
· The ability to manage a heavy pipeline of 25 plus loans and be familiar with FHA, VA, Federal Housing, Rural Housing and HUD guidelines.
· Demonstrated ability to interact with regional and corporate departments, to lead, direct and motivate a successful sales team of professionals, and to recruit and hire mortgage professionals.
· Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability.
· Excellent and effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Must be active in the community, and in job-related organizations to enhance the network of beneficial contacts to achieve mortgage sales goals.
· Stays informed of trends and developments in real estate market and competitive environment, as well as, of changes in rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government insured mortgages.
· Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, train, lead, and motivate LO’s
· Ability to work flexible hours and days. (Mon. – Sat.)
· Valid driver’s license and current automobile liability insurance.
· Ability to adjust to the changing mortgage environment.
· Must possess well-developed sales and client management skills with expert knowledge of mortgage products, services, and solutions.
· Forward thinking, quick learner, and adaptable to constant change.
· Growth and giving mindset and the ability to resolve conflict and challenges with innovative, win-win solutions.
· Organized and detail-oriented, critical thinker, and problem solver with awareness of how attitude, demeanor, and actions positively and negatively impact others or cause other implications.
· Ability to design and navigate new processes.
Your responsibilities as the Community Mortgage Lending Manager will include:
· Recruit, hire, and train LOs. Motivates staff to achieve maximum production levels; conducts performance reviews and documents employee files according to company policies
· Monitors the quality of loans originated by LOs and ensures they are within Company policy guidelines
· Establish and manage the budget and goals within predetermined guidelines as directed by the mortgage department and Company
· Oversee performance and communicate goals and policy changes on a regular basis to LOs
· Generate new business through contacts with realtors, builders, developers, and COIs to expand and grow market share
· Ensure all functions are in complete compliance with federal, state, regulatory, and Company policies and procedures
· Maintain a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures
· Market and promote Liberty Bank’s loan programs and financial products in the community
· Originate loans and meet the Company’s minimum production standards by taking complete and accurate loan applications, using Liberty Bank’s product set, processes, and systems
· Be responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, and the processes employed
· Maintain awareness of competitive products, practices, and changes in market conditions
· Maintain active lines of communication, keeping all relevant parties consistently informed. Ensures pertinent communications are properly documented within the CRM systems. Monitor and manage phone calls, emails, and customer follow-ups
· Establish and maintain a professional relationship with customers and business contacts and adhere to guidelines related to financial confidentiality per internal, state, and federal requirements
· Perform other duties as assigned
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That’s why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Paid vacation and holidays, personal and sick days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Adoption Assistance
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K and match
- EAP/Health and Welfare Assistance
- Training and Development
- Online Marketplace* discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Leadership Development
- ERG/ Ambassador Group
- Free and reduced-rate bank services
We do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create. Within the company, there is also a future opportunity for growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.