Job ID: 17487
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Customer Service Representative
Are you ready to advance your career and be part of something extraordinary? We seek vibrant and passionate individuals to join our stellar Customer Service Representative team!
The Nelson Company seeks an individual to work in our Plastic Pallet Division, who holds themselves to the highest ethical standards, has a strong desire for personal growth and professional success, is driven, and has no problem rolling up their sleeves to achieve success.
If you want to launch and develop your career, are motivated and driven with an exceptional work ethic, and want to be on a growing team where results will be rewarded, apply immediately!
To thrive as the Customer Service Representative, you should have:
- High School diploma required. College degree or current enrollment preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in similar administrative/clerical positions.
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience.
- Strong data entry and computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with logistics or freight forwarding
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist with order and shipment confirmation communication.
- Work with vendors on prioritizing orders and shipments.
- Work with Nelson facilities on prepping and shipping orders.
- Monitor direct vendor shipments to ensure prompt delivery.
- Schedule recurring customer orders with vendors.
- Track orders and actively communicate updates to customers and Nelson personnel.
New Customer Set up
- Assist new customer and vendor set up and credit applications.
- Process credit card orders.
- Assist with freight rate quotations.
- Assist with freight scheduling.
- Assist with ordering pallets for each Nelson facility’s inventory.
- Create and send out used pallet inventory updates to Nelson personnel.
- Assist with used pallet procurement, administration, and specification sheets.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $50-65k annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided.
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching.
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection.
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered.
- Well-being and work-life balance: 5 days of Paid Time Off plus 10 Holidays (negotiable based on individual situation) and a flexible schedule.
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
The Nelson Company distributes all types of plastic pallets, wood pallets, containers, racks, unitizing, and protective angleboard systems. We manufacture wooden and corrugated industrial packaging products, including custom pallets and containers.
Plain and simple, our people are real. Dedicated and hardworking. Our team thrives on solving complex packaging issues. You can count on us to be around for the long haul. Are you ready to join the team?
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law