Job ID: 16713
Location: Seaside California
The Coalition of Homeless Services Providers (Coalition) is a private non-profit organization formed in 1994 to provide interagency coordination for the establishment and operation of a comprehensive system of housing and support services for homeless individuals and families within Monterey and San Benito Counties designed to maximize self-sufficiency.
As the Executive Director, you will coordinate the membership of the Coalition of Homeless Services Providers and the operations of Continuum of Care by being a leader in ensuring the success of the regional 5-Year Lead-Me-Home-Plan (LMH) to reduce homelessness. You will also be the Continuum of Care (CoC) Lead with a staff, facilitating coordination and cooperation among various entities to help ensure LMH’s implementation. You will also be responsible for the ongoing strategic planning, coordination, and funding of programs within the Lead Me Home Continuum of Care (CoC)/CA-506 Salinas/Monterey & San Benito Counties to address local homeless issues. Additionally, you will facilitate collaboration and communication among the Coalition membership, CoC Board (the Leadership Council), and other community stakeholders, as well as implement the mission of the Coalition and elevate community knowledge of the activities of its membership within the CoC.
To succeed, you should have:
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience, preferably in the Continuum of Care.
- 3-5 years of development/public relations experience.
- 5+ years in housing/program development, nonprofit executive management, or planning.
- Expertise in grant proposal development and fundraising.
- PR, public speaking, and advocacy for underserved populations.
- Experience with community-based organizations, housing, and human services.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and computer skills; adaptable and team-oriented.
Your responsibilities as the Executive Director will include:
Non-Profit Management & Administration
- Lead the organization’s finance and accounting team.
- Direct payroll processes and administration.
- Approve and annually update Financial & Accounting Policies & Procedures.
- Support the annual audit.
- Lead the building, tracking, and implementation of the annual Fiscal Year budget.
- Ensure that the agency manages and maintains Human Resources practices while building an organization that meets Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion standards.
- Lead the staff in meeting Fiscal Year team goals and metrics.
- Coordinate and supervise the development of staff, interns, and volunteers.
Continuum of Care Programs
- As the lead CoC staff member, oversee and ensure the compliance of the federal Responsibilities of the Continuum of Care as listed in 24 CFR 578.7
- Direct the CoC Programs, including Homeless Management Information System, Coordinated Entry System, Governance, & Grants Management
- Lead federal and state local funding competitions such as the HUD CoC NOFO, State HHAP, and more.
- Ensure that CHSP has a robust information hub to support those seeking services and service providers.
- Oversee CHSP and CoC Governance Committees and regularly update Board Charters and Bylaws.
- Lead staff in managing regular state and federal reporting, including the bi-annual Point in Time Count (PIT), Longitudinal Systems Analysis (LSA), Housing Inventory Count (HIC), and more.
- Facilitate the coordination and collaboration of the agency’s membership and community entities in providing services that maximize resources to the greatest extent possible.
Strategy & Design
- Oversee the Lead Me Home 5-Year annual Action Plans.
- Lead community processes to prioritize annual funding strategies.
- Strategize new funding opportunities for the Coalition, including working with local Managed Care Plan Providers and new funding from the State, County, and HUD.
- Develop and implement the agency’s annual fundraising plan and direct the Lead me Home Summit on Homelessness.
- Direct an annual community needs assessment.
- As a funder, oversee the contract compliance process, which includes the successful execution of contracts with grantees, verifying expenditures, and fund disbursements.
- Manage and oversee contract negotiations and contract lifecycle with funders and contract holders that fund CHSP operations and programs; this includes ensuring that the contract tracker is regularly updated.
- Overseeing vendor contract management, including professional services for programmatic and operational purposes.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $125K – $150K annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: Agency Sponsored Retirement 403 (b) Plan
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Ready to Lead with Purpose? Apply Now!
Don’t miss this opportunity to lead, inspire, and transform lives. Join us in our mission to improve the world—one step at a time. Together, we can create a brighter future for all.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.