Job ID: 16171
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking 28th out of 100 on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list with a 4.5 out of 5.0 rating. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Manager, Retirement Services Compliance
We are currently seeking a Manager, Retirement Services Compliance, to join our team. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all aspects associated with nondiscrimination testing required under ERISA, government reporting, plan document maintenance, and review of software applications used in association with those responsibilities. Develop strong relationships with individuals throughout the organization to accomplish initiatives and leverage strengths and resources of multiple areas to accomplish common objectives while staying abreast of industry trends to improve product offerings.
- Collaborates with Health & Welfare and Technology departments for the flow, retrieval and access of information from the “Controlled Group and Nondiscrimination Testing Questionnaire” for existing and new clients for purposes of ERISA compliance of the Insperity 401(k) Plan.
- Serves as a resource to Retirement Services personnel for technical (regulatory) research for advanced-level inquiries.
- Applies working knowledge of ERISA, the IRC, and other regulatory guidelines to new and existing procedures to protect Insperity from potential fiduciary and legal risks.
- Manages relationships and works directly with inside counsel on drafting and maintaining the Insperity-sponsored retirement plan documents, amendments, and summary plan descriptions for defined contribution and nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
- Serves as the primary department resource in understanding the Insperity 401(k) plan, including plan document, summary plan description, and client agreements.
- Under strict regulatory deadlines, manages and implements all required nondiscrimination testing under ERISA, prepares and distributes IRS Form 5500, and coordinates annual retirement plan audits.
- Manages, coaches, and trains individual staff members responsible for Retirement Services compliance-related tasks, including nondiscrimination testing as required under ERISA, allocations of employer contributions, preparation of IRS Form 5500, preparation of adoption agreements, amendments, and summary plan descriptions.
- Plans and executes the collection of required annual contributions (top heavy, qualified non-electives, annual required employer contribution adjustments, etc.) and IRC Sec. 4979 excise tax amounts due for the Insperity 401(k) Plan, with an objective to minimize the fiduciary risk to Insperity and financial risk to both Insperity and Insperity clients.
- Provides and/or coordinates training and continuing education to Retirement Services personnel regarding regulatory updates and plan provision changes and provides technical expertise and mentoring to Retirement Services staff members.
- Serves as a primary resource for retirement plan-related inquiries that may affect W2 reporting, payroll calculations, and outside-recorded retirement plans.
- Reviews and monitors third-party software applications relative to nondiscrimination testing, government form preparation, and prototype document support to assure Retirement Services is using the best application to meet the needs of Insperity and the Insperity client base.
- Assists in the drafting and review of internal, client company, and worksite employee communications, including required regulatory notices.
- Assists department leadership in reviewing contracts and developing action plans for product development.
- Participates in key decisions as a member of the Retirement Services leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, or another related field is required.
- Six to ten years of experience in a qualified retirement plan administration field is required.
- Previous management or supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
In this role, you’ll enjoy a competitive compensation package, as well as all of the great Insperity benefits and perks you’ve come to know, including paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we know that our employees’ success is our success, and we look forward to being a part of your future!
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.