Job ID: 15080
Location: Old Bethpage New York
Mechanical Design Engineer
For over 45 years, Hitemco has been partnering with leading-edge technology companies to help make critical surfaces successful. We specialize in high-performance surface coatings and understand the thin line between a critical part and the environment in which it operates in. Whether it’s in aerospace, energy, minerals, or transport, we work with our customers to deliver outstanding materials knowledge, fast production turn times, reliable forecasts, and great customer service.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with an aspiration to be part of the aerospace industry for the Engineering Level 1 position. To be considered, you must understand GD&T, CAD, DFM, CAM, and CNC. Your responsibility as the design engineer is to bring the necessary fixturing from paper to a successful set of production items. You will be starting at the design/ manufacturing level but should be willing to learn about the thermal spray process and troubleshooting, repairing, and integrating systems.
To succeed, you should be able to accomplish challenging projects and technical leadership with minimal supervision independently. You must also have:
· Self-starter, detail oriented, and able to complete projects with minimal supervision. Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· Mechanical or manufacturing (preferred) engineering degree
· GD&T knowledge – the ability to read and create drawings, specify tolerances and manufacturing method
· At least 1 – 3 years experience in CAD design – machined, welded, bent sheet-metal
· At least 1 year experience in machine shop – Manual lathe and mill, CNC setup and operation, G-code experience
· Knowledge of raw material selection and procurement
· Ability to conceptualize efficiently rotating fixturing along with potential improvements
· Interface with manufacturing, welding, and quality control to ensure part fit test and functionality
· Good communication skills, analytical thinking, teamwork, and time management
· Basic metrology knowledge and experience (preferred)
· Familiarity with root cause analysis and preventive actions
· Basic knowledge and experience in circuits, electronics, drives, and motors
· Tooling management and streamlining
· Tooling outsourcing and procurement
· Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/ manager
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary of $72K-75K annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.