Job ID: 17068
Location: Kennesaw Georgia 30144
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking 28th out of 100 on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list with a 4.5 out of 5.0 rating. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Middle Market Payroll Specialist
This position is responsible for acting as a trusted advisor and client service professional by providing timely and accurate advice around payroll compliance and delivering payroll solutions that positively impacts the client’s business and creates client retention. This role troubleshoots situations, educates clients, develops partnerships with stakeholders, and creates the environment to demonstrate the depth, breadth, and level of care that creates value in the Insperity relationship.
Under moderate supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Creates and maintains Middle Market client relationships which support Insperity”s revenue, expense and growth targets.
- Onboards and maintains assigned clients with various client company structures and in multiple states/localities to payroll and related services ensuring accurate and timely implementation.
- Analyzes payroll data supplied by clients for accuracy and completeness, inputs and balances payroll data accurately, processes payroll, and reviews/analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and distributes to clients timely.
- Ensures accurate compliance with payroll laws and regulations for Insperity and the client.
- Serves as active contributor to ongoing book of business meetings with key internal business partners to ensure tactical and strategy opportunities are shared and incorporated into payroll and human resources service delivery.
- Travels to client worksites to participate in client meetings, deliver training, discuss recommendations for improvement and/or answer questions to address client needs and support clients” perception of the value derived from Insperity”s services. Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate clients” needs.
- Serves as mentor, subject matter expert and knowledge resource for Field Payroll Operations personnel.
- Supports client satisfaction indicators via quality service checks among clients and service observations performed by supervisor to ensure client satisfaction.
- Researches, gathers and analyzes client needs pertaining to payroll processing, reporting, related Insperity services and day-to-day operations for assigned clients.
- Maintains knowledge of a business” financial operation relating to payroll and accounting for middle market sized business operations from an owner/payroll contact/on-site supervisor/CPA perspective to make business decisions and gives guidance to clients.
- Identifies payroll service solutions to streamline or enhance the payroll service delivery to clients and makes recommendations for improvements to processes and policies while maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations applicable to payroll processing and administration.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Maintains knowledge in federal, state and local payroll administration laws, regulations and best practices.
- Provides customer focused interaction ensuring timely response and effective follow-up on client and/or internal requests and/or issues.
- Provides ongoing and timely communication to payroll teammates, payroll supervisor and service teams on the status of relationship with client and alerts appropriate internal departments with information pertinent to the maintenance of the client relationship.
- Participates in testing of new payroll processes and enhancements.
- Acts as back-up to supervisor and provides project support.
- Acts as back-up for other payroll functions as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 6 – 8 years of experience in payroll administration or related field are required. Minimum of 2 years Insperity or PEO industry payroll experience are preferred.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- No licenses or certifications are required.
- CPP Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Strong proficiency and experience in payroll administration and practices, and knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations.
- Customer service skills in a team environment
- Expertise in collaborating with multiple functional experts to ensure high quality, unified service delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors with peers and other internal/external constituents.
- Able to effectively interact with multiple internal and external business units.
- Strong time management, organizational and facilitation skills with experience handling multiple task/activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exhibits good stewardship of monetary resources.
- Understands various HR disciplines and their role and impact on business as it relates to payroll, benefits, taxation, accounting, employment documentation, employment and general HR practices.
- Demonstrates effective business communication skills to facilitate high service value and service recovery with clients.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment. Able to communicate to a wide audience on the technical applications of payroll as applied to business and accounting as well as with client contacts for change management in practices and processes that do not support compliance with local, state, or federal law pertaining to payroll and labor practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
- Principles, practices, and procedures of general business including modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment, clerical methods, techniques, and filing systems.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.