Job ID: 16920
Location: Eddyville Kentucky
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and lead a dynamic team to new heights? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment where no two days are the same? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As a global logistics service provider, the client’s company combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, as well as the consumer goods, electronics and retail sector spread over 200+ logistic platforms and is active in 40 countries throughout Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 18 000 people.
In order to continue the growth of our group, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager for our warehouse in Eddyville, KY.
As the Operations Manager, you will plan and execute all packaging activities for a large, highly complex, 24/7 plant-to-warehouse packaging and 8/5 shipping and receiving environment, ensuring all operations run as efficiently and safely as possible while meeting customer production and shipment goals and standards.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree focusing on Business or Engineering or higher education with a management background or equivalent through 4-6 years of experience.
- Advanced skills with MS Office and Adobe Pro applications. Proficient with using Spreadsheets (Pivot Tables, Macros, Formulas, Data structure, etc.) and document presentation preferred.
- Experience in an operational management position in a similar environment preferred.
- Fair knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems related to logistic services.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a “get it done” attitude. Open to learning new things every day and able to interact with employees on all organizational levels.
In close conjunction with the site Facility Manager, the Operational manager will be responsible for the following:
- Forecast staffing, workload, and performance results to meet business demands.
- Prepare, review, and analyze reports to identify operational improvements.
- Analyze and register the performance results by evaluating the activity of all assigned personnel.
- Determine periodic reporting of the key performance indicators in terms of production, quality, and safety.
- Develop a daily plan for all operations to be completed and provided by the customer.
- Help improve the current operations model to manage available resources better to minimize costs and maximize results.
- Monitor purchase orders, expenses, person-hours, and rolling equipment following company standards.
- Assess the performance of personnel with respect to quality, safety, and housekeeping of assigned buildings.
- Properly follow all agreed procedures, instructions, and documents according to the company’s Quality Manual.
- Supervise the safety and security of all employees, subcontractors, visitors, or anyone inside the facility.
- Investigate and provide detailed reports to the HSEQ department for compliance and accidents pertaining to operations under assigned supervision and workstations.
- Assist the Commercial department with any duties that might involve obtaining information pertaining to operations involved with the facility to foster customer relationships.
- Follow the corporate’s Quality improvement policy by constantly identifying gaps and modifying the instructions and training related to all the operations across the facility.
- Help create a yearly business plan for the upcoming year in coordination with the COO and Facility Manager if applicable.
- Continually develop employees by providing the necessary training to run assigned operations.
- Negotiate and close contracts with external parties/subcontractors/suppliers.
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and follow all Safety Procedures outlined by OSHA regulations.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently
- Ability to perform all basic calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment at various temperatures to complete warehouse tasks. Ability to work in an environment that includes dust and other debris to receive and store materials and machinery.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require lifting, walking, stooping, and handling materials. Ability to lift and carry up to 55 lbs. to receive, store, and ship materials, supplies, and/or equipment. Ability to stand and perform work duties for an extended period.
- Ability to handle up to 85 decibels of noise per 8-hour shift due to heavy machinery and rolling equipment within the terminal, all according to OSHA permissible exposure limits.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20” or less). Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, Depth perception (3D vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships). Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Work other than regularly scheduled hours, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays. According to the needs of the business.
Our client values your time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by attractive compensation and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement planning: 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance
- Flexible financial options: Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Work-life balance: Generous paid time off and holidays
- Supportive resources: Employee assistance program
- Continuous growth: Professional development assistance
They strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. They offer the possibility to work together with a “best in the industry” international team and sector professionals.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.