Job ID: 17232
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have work-from-home flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. Whether remote, in person or hybrid, we take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
PAYROLL TAX COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for meeting critical deadlines required by government agencies by preparing all Federal, State and local employment tax deposits and returns as required by various Federal and State laws. Also responsible for researching various tax inquiries and notices from tax agencies and auditors. This position provides support to Sales and other internal departments with employment tax questions and supports clients/employees with transition or daily operational inquiries.
- Ensures submission of timely, accurate tax deposits and reports, and remains in compliance with all employment tax laws in order to limit legal exposure for Insperity.
- Interacts with various Federal, State and local taxing agencies regarding compliance with regulatory guidelines as well as resolving related issues.
- Prepares daily Federal, State and local tax deposits including processing reports, preparing check requests and tax coupons, coding check requests for the general ledger, filing paperwork and ensuring any deposits are mailed or submitted electronically in a timely manner, and performing electronic payment submissions.
- Ensures accurate payment and general ledger coding of all check or ACH payments for State unemployment taxes on Insperity accounts and all client accounts in states requiring client level reporting.
- Prepares all returns for state income tax, state unemployment tax and various local taxes. Assists in all year-end processing and reporting, including W-2’s and W-2C’s.
- Verifies that tax reports and payments from Master Tax program reconcile with AIMS system.
- Files amended returns as needed to correct state income and unemployment taxes.
- Prepares and enters all master file adjustments to the payroll system on a regular basis to ensure correctly issued W-2 forms and SUI returns.
- Ensures accuracy of all check requests for tax related refunds and calculates taxes due on pre-tax deduction refunds.
- Partners with Insperity Payroll Services (IPS) on tax reporting/payments for shared clients with employees on both IPS and Insperity PEO payrolls. Provides support to clients transitioning to Insperity both by assisting internal service departments and Sales and dealing directly with clients on State Unemployment Insurance registration/transition paperwork and questions.
- Provides documentation to assist clients choosing to close payroll related tax accounts.
- Advises and guides internal personnel regarding Federal and State payroll tax regulations and the correct processing of payrolls.
- Works with Unemployment Claims group in resolving unemployment benefit denials due to erroneous information given/entered into AIMS payroll system.
- Assists in researching client FEIN issues and corrections due to erroneous information given/entered into AIMS.
- Provides information or explanations requested by auditors.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in multi-state payroll tax filing is preferred.
- CPP certification is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Payroll and multi-customer operation.
- Principles, practices, and methods of general accounting including methods and techniques used in payroll tax accounting; payroll tax laws applicable to the various Federal, State and local taxing authorities; methods and techniques used in researching various State and local payroll tax laws; the regulatory requirements of various state and local payroll tax laws; and methods and techniques used in general ledger applications as they relate to payroll taxes.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under narrow time limitations and strict reporting deadlines; plan, organize and complete assigned work in a timely manner; communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; work independently from general instructions; and maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Effective customer service skills with professional verbal and written communication abilities.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.