Job ID: 16690
Location: Kingwood Texas 77339
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking 28th out of 100 on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list with a 4.5 out of 5.0 rating. Our internship program was recognized as a Top 100 Internship Program for 2022 by Yello/WayUp. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Rotational Technology Intern
Works in rotation with various Innovative Technology Solutions teams to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software. In each rotation, responsible for applying the latest tools and technologies to develop and assist in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into hardware and software solutions, as well as assisting in the implementation and maintenance of these solutions and supporting systems integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Learns the software development life cycle and technologies utilized to fulfill application development, support, and maintenance requests by participating in an agile team environment.
- Participates in software development training as assigned by development mentor.
- Works with the development team and assigned mentor to understand: – scope definition process, work effort estimation, business requirements gathering process, technical documentation, unit testing approach and standards.
- Works with the solution design team to learn the design standards and adheres to these design standards when performing assigned work.
- Works on application code assignments as assigned by mentor to aid in learning technologies and system functionality.
- Actively pursuing or has obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or a related field is required.
- GPA of 3.25 or higher preferred.
- Some level of programming skills in Java, C#, SQL, Perl, XML, etc.
- Exposure to some of the following concepts: object-oriented programming, data structures, software engineering techniques, quality assurance, parallel programming, databases, networking, etc.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected law.