Job ID: 16849
Location: Stanton California
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Do you have a passion for driving results and shaping an organization’s future? If so, we have an exciting opportunity that could be your next career milestone!
Established in 1963, our client focuses on providing solutions to customers’ and employees’ needs through an extraordinary level of service, quality, and satisfaction with communication, integrity, experienced teamwork, and safety.
Independently owned and operated, they have provided quality supplies and personal and reliable service to their customers in the Southland for over 50 years. Because of their experience, dedication, and knowledge, they are the Southland’s choice for welding and industrial products.
To be successful as a Sales Manager, you should embody leadership, innovation, and a true passion for sales, as well as have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- 10+ years of proven sales experience with progressively responsible sales and management experience.
- Distributor background preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing sales plans, strategies, and policies.
- Strong supervisory and coaching skills through establishing work priorities.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office Suite;
As an experienced Sales Manager, you will manage the sales activities of the organization by performing the following duties:
- Develops, implements, and monitors annual sales and marketing plans, including territory goals and sales objectives, to accommodate corporate goals and ensure improved margins where possible.
- Manages Area Sales Managers in the implementation and attainment of sales objectives.
- Selects, develops, and motivates the sales team by providing training and establishing goals and objectives, monitoring and measuring the team’s results, appraising performance, recommending incentive-earning programs for Area Sales Managers and Sales Representatives, and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Maintains tracking of all sales-related activities, including leads, call reports, quotations, and customer surveys, and establishes product pricing and related policies, resolving pricing issues with Area Sales Managers as required. Maintaining and modifying equipment rental product availability as necessary,
- Provide marketing direction by developing, implementing, monitoring, and modifying necessary marketing plans and strategies for current and new product lines. Generates market and product segmentation information; determines market share and maintains existing customer database.
- Provides product promotional and advertising programs. Determines vehicles to achieve sales growth objectives such as trade shows, direct mail, telemarketers, and increased sales calls to main customers; and researches and analyzes market research on competitors and major forces impacting sales growth.
- Coordinates completing customer product/application seminars, open houses, and other product training or promotional events.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients with or without coordination with sales representatives.
- Meets with critical suppliers and, in conjunction with the Purchasing Department, conducts negotiations and contract agreements, seeking approval from the President as required.
- Coordinates and liaises between the sales department and other Company functions.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of the department to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales reports (Profit Margin Exception Report, Price Overview Report, Contract Expiration Report, Monthly Sales Summary Report, Department Budget, and miscellaneous sales and marketing reports as requested by the President).
- Schedules and oversees the timely customer cylinder audit procedures with sales personnel. Approve customer adjustments and/or settlements due to audit discrepancies,
- Perform additional duties as required (such as working closely with sales personnel in collections and accounts receivable activities).
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation of $125,000 to $150,000 annually, depending on experience and extensive benefits package, enhances their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Remote work/telecommuting options
- Workplace perks
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.