Job ID: 17601
Location: White Plains New York 10606
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2024” list, and U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list. In addition, we have been recognized for having one of the country’s Top 50 Midsize Early Talent Programs by RippleMatch’s 2024 Campus Forward Awards. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Senior Safety Consultant
We are currently seeking a Senior Safety Consultant to join our team.
The Senior Safety Consultant provides safety services for prospective, new and existing clients. Provides professional and technical safety consulting services to a variety of clients, including more difficult or larger clients, which supplements existing safety programs. Surveys and analyzes potential problems of prospective clients as requested. Identifies, evaluates and appraises conditions for clients experiencing loss problems and prepares suitable recommendations. Decision-making is extensive, guided by policy and objective, while focused on daily operations, with significant influence on sales and customer service.
- Approves and/or assists in planning, implementing, administering and coordinating loss prevention consultation including evaluating hazards, exposures and controls at existing client locations including full surveys, reviews, safety program structuring and assisting clients with preparing safety manuals.
- Provides technical safety services to larger or more complex clients. This includes loss trending reports, executive summary and conducting meetings with management to improve workplace safety.
- Provides professional and technical safety consulting services to clients, which supplements existing safety programs.
- Coordinates with Risk Management, Pricing and Review, and Safety Services performing inspection surveys on prospective accounts prior to approval, including reviewing and evaluating a variety of industrial, contracting, healthcare, wholesale and other moderate to high risk business firms.
- Performs inspections of client locations to assist them in maintaining, improving and providing education in the proper safety activities for their industry.
- Identifies problem areas, evaluates and appraises conditions with clients who are experiencing loss problems or need assistance meeting regulatory compliance.
- Interfaces with other Insperity Departments in areas of employment issues that arise with client companies as well as outside parties such as Workers’ Compensation claims adjusters and insurance company loss control personnel.
- Coordinates with management about special problems developing in safety areas.
- Documents and processes all safety services activity per department guidelines and provides timely and detailed information.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Eight or more years of experience in occupational safety or in a loss control position with insurance company and/or Major Corporation with emphasis on Workers’ Compensation experience is required.
- Applicable safety certification such as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other safety industry designation is highly desirable and preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in State of residence with no more than two major violations and one chargeable accident in the last three years required.
As required by the Westchester County Local Law 119, Insperity provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Westchester County. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the county of Westchester County only, the range of starting pay for this role is between $67,800 and $74,680.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.