Job ID: 16221
Location: San Rafael California
Senior Software Engineer – Hybrid
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services worldwide for communications and electronics device makers, accelerating product development, quality, and innovation. At Averna, no two days are the same. If you are seeking new opportunities in engineering, we invite you to see The Averna Experience:
- Be global@work: Serve international customers and collaborate with colleagues in Canada, Europe, the U.S., Mexico, and Asia.
- Drive innovation@work: Participate in developing market-leading high-tech products in the telecom, transportation, electronics, and medical devices.
- Develop your talent@work: Contribute to thrilling projects that stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy success@work: Be part of a fast-growing company with award-winning products and a team.
- Share your passion@work: Meet passionate people and enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be actively involved in developing automated test systems, beginning with preparing proposals and continuing to develop their architecture, coding, integration, and acceptance testing. You will also be involved in integrating advanced test and measurement systems, including various instruments, industrial communication protocols, data acquisition systems, and factory automation systems.
As the ideal candidate, you should have:
- Degree: A bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience: 5-10+ years of experience in Test-driven software development
- Proficiency in software development with Python
- Experience in designing Python modules interacting with hardware and/or electronic components
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming architecture and a good understanding of design principles is desired.
- Knowledge of C# is an asset
- Knowledge of LabVIEW and TestStand (CLA, CTA) an asset
- Experience as a system engineer in programs encompassing systems architecture, requirements analysis, design, production, integration, testing, and transition into operations.
- Multilingual: Fluent in English (French and/or Spanish is a plus)
- Mobility: You might travel in 2 to 4-week periods or longer when required by our customers
Your responsibilities as the Senior Software Engineer will include:
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid, reliable, and sustainable software
- Demonstrates a comprehensive approach to test system architecture and software development
- Ability to function in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team
- Participate in design, code review, and best practices
- Provide guidance, coaching, and leadership to less experienced developers
- Acts as a single point of contact for the customer on projects execution
- Demonstrates strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills. The ability to communicate effectively and communicates well with geographically distributed design teams is required
- Hands-on; likes to debug, triage, and resolve technical issues with a clear root cause analysis methodology
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
At Averna, we don’t believe in separating work from life but in making work a part of it. This is why it is so important to enjoy what you do. Being passionate about technology and having fun every day are what make Averna employees the drivers of the company’s success.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation of $140K to $180K annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off along with an additional day off for your birthday
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid working model
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- A high-tech environment with experienced engineers to learn from
- Opportunities to travel
- Learning and growing through multiple cutting-edge projects and clients
Plus, we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.