Job ID: 16873
Location: Indiana Statewide Indiana
Our Mission: The mission of the Hoosier College and Career Academy is to provide personalized, virtual learning opportunities to all Indiana students regardless of circumstances and abilities.
Our Vision: Through virtual platforms, research-based academic standards, and meaningful partnerships, we will prepare today’s learners for tomorrow’s ever-changing career and academic opportunities.
Join with us in helping students in grades 7–12 reach their true potential and enjoy teaching from the comfort and safety of your home! Signing bonuses are available for some positions.
Virtual ELA Teacher/Interventionist, Grades 7-12 – Indiana Statewide
SUMMARY: The ELA Teacher/Interventionist will work in a team-oriented environment to carry out the goals of the Title 1 program by providing data-driven instruction in ELA for at-risk students in a 1:1 or small group setting. The ELA Teacher/Interventionist will monitor data, communicate progress, and collaborate with administration, teachers, students, and learning coaches. The ELA Teacher/Interventionist will also provide support in special projects by the direction of the Title 1 Coordinator, which may require occasional travel. The Interventionist will also be required to assist with proctoring of state-mandated testing, which will require travel during the state-identified testing windows.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare effective and engaging online lessons for at-risk students, based on data.
- Schedule class connect sessions for students.
- Monitor data and run reports.
- Communicate progress with administration, teachers, students, and parents/learning coaches.
- Guide and provide support for students and learning coaches.
- Attend all required meetings, professional development, and training.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current Indiana teaching license.
- Meets state’s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements.
- Has 1+ year of teaching experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools).
- Previous experience in a virtual school.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to travel 10% of the time for meetings, professional development, etc.
In return for your hard work, Hoosier College and Career Academy offers an attractive combination of salary and outstanding benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.