Job ID: 16872
Location: Indiana Statewide Indiana
Our Mission: The mission of the Hoosier College and Career Academy is to provide personalized, virtual learning opportunities to all Indiana students regardless of circumstances and abilities.
Our Vision: Through virtual platforms, research-based academic standards, and meaningful partnerships, we will prepare today’s learners for tomorrow’s ever-changing career and academic opportunities.
Join with us in helping students in grades 7–12 reach their true potential and enjoy teaching from the comfort and safety of your home! Signing bonuses are available for some positions.
Virtual Guidance Counselor – Indiana Statewide
Summary: Utilizing leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, the Virtual Guidance Counselor promotes student success by providing preventive services and responding to identified needs through the implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program that helps guide all learners in their academic success, personal and social development, and career and college planning and readiness.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Delivers individual and group guidance curriculum supporting student development
- Assist students in course placement and course scheduling
- Assists with attendance and enrollment
- Prepares and reviews transcripts and other academic documentation for new and returning students
- Works collaboratively with teaching staff to develop a 4-year plan for inclusion in the Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- Analyzes student data and develops data-driven programs for intervention action plans
- Provides responsive services to individuals or groups on academic and personal issues
- Provides an individual planning system to guide students toward post-secondary goals
- Assists students in the acquisition of study skills, academic opportunities, and benefits
- Provides a support system that strengthens the efforts of teachers, staff, and parents
- Supports standardized testing program; parent education; and staff development
- Works with the teaching team to design and implement an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) for each student in school.
- Focuses students and families on college and career readiness
- Provides academic counseling, including recommendations on AP and technical courses, to challenge and enrich student learning opportunities
- Audit student schedules for candidacy for graduation as determined by school and state policies
- Other duties as assigned by the Academic Administrator or Head of School.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork and Dedication: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere, attention to detail
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years of experience in counseling and/or advisement OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state certification for middle and high school counselor.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based search engines, and database systems
- Flexible schedule; Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to pass required background check
- Master’s degree in school counseling
- Experience with distance learning
- Advanced coursework in counseling and administration
- Experience as a 7-12 teacher
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience with Local, State, and Federals laws and mandated reporting
- Experience in a charter school environment is preferred
- Experience with state career planning systems, Pathfinder, or other career planning platforms/tools
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position.
In return for your hard work, Hoosier College and Career Academy offers an attractive combination of salary and outstanding benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.