Job ID: 15358
Location: Statewide Indiana
Our Mission: The mission of the Hoosier College and Career Academy is to provide personalized, virtual learning opportunities to all Indiana students regardless of circumstances and abilities.
Our Vision: Through virtual platforms, research-based academic standards, and meaningful partnerships, we will prepare today’s learners for tomorrow’s ever-changing career and academic opportunities.
Join with us in helping students in grades 7–12 reach their true potential and enjoy teaching from the comfort and safety of your home! Signing bonuses are available for some positions.
Virtual Math Teacher, Grades 7-12 – Indiana Statewide
Hoosier College and Career Academy
SUMMARY: The position of teacher at Hoosier College and Career Academy is a highly qualified, state-certified teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment.
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years of teaching experience AND
- Meet requirements for Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT)
- On-line teaching experience
- High Ability, Special Education, or other endorsements
Certificates and Licenses: Active Indiana state teaching certification for appropriate content area and grade level.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Learns the entire K12 curriculum for assigned grade levels and is able to demonstrate knowledge of how state standards align with it;
- Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
- Augments course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
- Create, develop, and submit lesson plans weekly;
- Orients students to their course, communicates requirements, sets and enforces deadlines, maintains regular office hours, and conducts instructional sessions;
- Takes ownership for student’s academic progress and attendance communicating high expectations and showing active interest in student’s achievement;
- Collaborates with the grade-level team, administration, interventionists, Special Education teachers, and instructional coaches regarding instruction, resources, interventions, and data-driven decision-making to support student success
- Provides instruction to help students master K12 curricular objectives
- Prepares students for high-stakes standardized tests;
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with students and learning coaches/parents to keep them adequately apprised of the student’s progress and issues;
- Supports learning coaches/parents with student curricular and instructional issues in a virtual classroom environment, balancing the flexibility of the K12 curriculum with proper enforcement of Academy policies and procedures;
- Grades submitted, required student work, and maintains grade book;
- Generates formal and informal reports regarding student progress, alerting administrators to concerns about student performance and progress;
- Creates and manages a home office;
- Supports students and learning coaches with the set-up and maintenance of their learning environment including basic computer troubleshooting.
- Utilizes data analysis and data-driven instruction
- Follows Staff Handbook expectations
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned.
Proctors site-based exams;
- Follow the Community Events Policy in Staff handbook
- Collects and analyzes formative and summative assessments
- Teaches scheduled Class Connect sessions for specific subject areas and homeroom
- Collaborates with peers in order to provide a positive experience for students;
- Builds community by contributing to school message boards, newsletters, and events;
- Travels to and participates in staff meetings, school outings, marketing events, state testing, professional development sessions, and other experiences;
- Maintains records regarding students in accordance with school policy and state requirements; prepares reports regarding students and classroom matters as directed;
- Provides direct instruction to students as needed
- Participates in committees as required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong interpersonal skills emphasizing tact, promptness, patience, and courtesy; ability to establish a professional, effective rapport with students
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as Internet research methods and report writing techniques; Utilizes computer software associated with curriculum; obtains additional training in technology as required
- Able to read data and determine what steps are needed to assist students academically on an individual and/or classroom basis
- Able to adapt learning plans to meet different needs and learning styles; create an instructional and whole class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates the use of good judgment in decision-making
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Customer service orientation to include promptness and appropriateness of responses to needs and requests of students and learning coaches
- Understanding of applicable sections of the State Education Code and other pertinent regulations
- Obtains additional licensing as required
- Ability to travel within and between assigned geographic areas to support students;
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations
- Ability to pass a required background check
In return for your hard work, Hoosier College and Career Academy offers an attractive compensation package of salary and an outstanding benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.