Job ID: 17072
Location: Statewide Indiana
Hoosier College and Career Academy (HCCA) is a full-time online public school for 7–12 students. We’re dedicated to inspiring and empowering students through an education experience tailored to each child’s needs.
Our Mission: The mission of the Hoosier College and Career Academy is to provide personalized, virtual learning opportunities to all Indiana students regardless of circumstances and abilities.
Our Vision: Through virtual platforms, research-based academic standards, and meaningful partnerships, we will prepare today’s learners for tomorrow’s ever-changing career and academic opportunities.
Join with us in helping students in grades 7–12 reach their true potential and enjoy teaching from the comfort and safety of your home! Signing bonuses are available for some positions.
Virtual Special Education Teacher-Grades 7-12, K-12 Mild Disabilities Licensing – Indiana Statewide
Hoosier College and Career Academy
Position Summary: Planning, developing, delivering, and evaluating appropriate individualized education services, learning programs, and instruction for special education students for Hoosier College and Career Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate field with K-12 Mild Disabilities
- Must hold a current Indiana Teaching License in Special Education denoting areas of exceptionality and grade level
- Knowledge of current special education practices, methodologies, IDEA, and Article
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Successfully execute and fulfill the responsibilities as a Teacher of Record/Service as defined by 511 IAC 7-32-97 and IAC 7-32-98
- Review and assist in maintaining individual student records using the IIEP system
- Observe confidentiality requirements for identified special education students
- Meet all compliance timelines
- Follow all established local, IDEA, and Article 7 procedures
- Maintain regular communication with parents and staff
- Participate in scheduled teacher/staff development activities
- Other assigned duties as determined by the Director of Special Education and/or Academic Administrator (Principal)
In return for your hard work, Hoosier College and Career Academy offers an attractive combination of salary and outstanding benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education level.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.