Job ID: 17189
Location: Boston Massachusetts 02128
Warehouse Operations Supervisor – East Boston
$65K Annually * Employer Paid Health Insurance
Bradford Airport Logistics (BAL) offers a tremendous career opportunity in a high-growth environment that brings together technology and services within the exciting aviation industry. Check us out at: www.airportlogistics.org.
Bradford Airport Logistics is seeking a Warehouse Operations Supervisor to provide team member supervision, decision-making, and excellent customer service at our offsite warehouse that serves Boston Logan International Airport. The successful candidate will manage operations at our receiving and redistribution dock as well as manage supplier and customer relationships. A strong work ethic, initiative, and drive to build and maintain a world-class team are necessary. For qualified candidates, we offer significant opportunities for career growth that may include promotion and relocation opportunities.
- Train and ensure employees comply with all procedures and regulations for BAL, the airport, TSA, customers, and other stakeholders
- Ensure the operations team is professional, motivated, and customer-focused in accordance with BAL’s Core Values and Mission, Vision, and Purpose Statements.
- Provide hands-on leadership in an active, physically demanding environment
- Interact with suppliers, vendors, and other airport stakeholders to maximize operational performance and efficiency
- Ensure process and quality control standards
- Direct the resolution of operational and maintenance issues to prevent operational delays and minimize expenses
- Open and/or close the operation daily
- Ensure execution of daily distribution center objectives
- Create and maintain accurate schedules
- Administer the Company’s policies and procedures consistently and fairly
- Provide suggestions to improve the performance, safety, and efficiency of the operation
- Ensure all established delivery commitments, labor targets, and quality assurance standards are met
- Perform administrative activities to manage operations effectively
- All other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in employee and team management, either in a management position or as a team leader.
- Logistics/airline/airport/warehouse or related industry experience preferred.
- High integrity and trustworthiness.
- Associate degree or directly related experience may be considered to offset the two years of education.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Experience executing action plans to hit short and long-term targets.
- Demonstrated team-building skills to include employee development, coaching, and performance improvement.
- Word processing, e-mail, database, and Internet software.
- Ability to supervise employee teams in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Ability to occasionally and repetitively lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to pass a TSA-mandated security background check for airport badging.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to relocate for career opportunities if desired.
Bradford Airport Logistics has an excellent, competitive annual compensation plan available. The benefit package includes:
- Employer-paid health insurance
- Annual bonus
- Paid holidays
- 401K Company match
- Professional Development Program
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- On-site free parking
If you are looking to grow with an innovative, core values-based company, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for this career opportunity.
*All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen, airport background check, and clean driving record review.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.