West Palm Beach Florida
Our retail client is seeking a Controller to direct the financial activities of their organization by performing the following duties personally and with the assistance of a full-time Bookkeeper. Our client’s Financial Operations team will grow as the business scales. As the Controller, you must thrive in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
To be successful, you should have:
- Advanced level of knowledge with Microsoft Office suite and email
Your responsibilities as the Controller will include:
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations. Specifically, responsible for the timely production and accuracy of monthly/year-to-date profit and loss statements to be delivered to management on a mid-month and end-of-month cycle, same for the balance sheet, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Prepares monthly sales/P&L/inventory analysis reports for top product lines.
- Maintain accurate, current inventory records. Coordinate monthly/quarterly inventory takes at each of the group’s locations—train and manage relevant team members on inventory take processes and ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Oversee cash flow and prepares weekly/monthly reports regarding accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities. Liaise with insurance companies
- Arrange for and oversee income tax returns for group entities using an outside accounting firm
- Arrange for and oversee sales tax returns and payments as appropriate for group entities, using the online service providers and outside accounting firm
- Prepare other reports required by regulatory agencies
- Establish and maintain relations with banks and other financial institutions
- Evaluate new accounting, inventory, and tax reporting systems and makes recommendations to management
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our competitive compensation of 90K-120K per year (depending on experience), and benefits eligibility for full-time employees enhance our commitment to your success.
We work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job