San Antonio Texas
Human Resources Generalist
National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB)is the hub of a national network of more than 200 mission-driven organizations that are anchor institutions in geographically and ethnically diverse Latino communities in 45 states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. Members of the NALCAB Network invest in their communities by building affordable housing, addressing gentrification, supporting small business growth, and providing financial counseling on issues including credit building and homeownership. As a grant maker and US Treasury certified CDFI lender, NALCAB supports the work of its member network with capacity building resources, capital and policy advocacy, and access to funding and technical assistance. NALCAB’s work advances economic mobility for low- and moderate- income people.
Under the Director of Human Resources & Organizational Culture’s supervision, you will support various human resources activities such as recruiting, performance management, policies, training, presentations, and initiating improved, streamlined processes. As the Human Resources Generalist, you will be expected to assist in advancing NALCAB’s human resources and organizational culture efforts.
You should have:
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or another related field of study; experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree; and/or Human Resources professional certification.
· 3+ years of experience working in a human resources capacity in an organizational setting.
· Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to work in-office multiple days per week.
· Skilled and comfortable utilizing a personal computer, learning/using software programs like Zoom, Microsoft Office, and other software programs daily.
· Capability to understand, carry out, and follow through on oral and written directions.
· Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
· Bilingual: English/Spanish (preferred).
Your key responsibilities and duties as the Human Resources Generalist will include:
· Support recruiting activities such as job postings, tracking candidate interviews, employment applications, background checks, and reference checks.
· Prepare and contribute to in person and virtual onboarding processes of new NALCAB staff members.
· Contributes to the organization and accuracy of physical and digital HR documents.
· Assist with the coordination of internal and external meetings.
· Support the development and facilitation of staff trainings and presentations.
· Conduct research related to data collection results and analysis for reporting.
· Maintain active engagement of NALCAB staff to gauge the organizational climate and promote employee longevity.
· Stay informed of new developments, systems, and innovations related to human resources best practices.
· Create and revise job descriptions when necessary, including analysis of salary trends.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization and with external service providers.
· Promote NALCAB’s positive office culture.
Salary Pay Range:
· Salary Range: $51,000.00-$63,000.00 per year, based on experience and education.
Location of Employment:
San Antonio, Texas
Benefits & Organizational Culture
NALCAB offers a wide range of benefits. NALCAB pays for a large portion of insurance premiums to drive the down the cost for employees. Some key benefits include competitive Health/Dental/Vision insurance, employer paid group life and accident insurance eligible on the first day of employment. 401K with up to a 5% employer match, tuition reimbursement up to $500.00 per year for professional development and up to $1,500.00 per year for an educational accredited degree program. Paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, 10 vacation days, and 12 sick days per year. Paid time for volunteering, bereavement, and voting.
NALCAB is commitment to a positive organizational culture starts with investing in its employees. Some resources offered are internal coaching opportunities; staff retreats that support employee connections and team building; access to self-paced and instructor lead learning tutorials; learning modules and eBooks; customized employee individual development plans; and periodic internal staff training opportunities.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: https://insperity.avature.net/careers/JobDetails?jobId=15102
NALCAB is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NALCAB believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Share This Job