Senior Benefits Representative
Senior Benefits Representative
Atlanta GA US 30301
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services. Middle Market is where challenge is fun, results are rewarding and we live our values. The Insperity Middle Market Solutions team is an exceptional group focused specifically on supporting our larger clients ranging in size from 150 to 5,000 employees. Part of our mission is to help our Middle Market clients become the best they can be by understanding their unique challenges and integrating relevant human capital/human resources solutions that accelerate their potential.
Senior Benefits Representative
Responsible for creating a “WOW” experience when leading interactions with external and internal
customers by consistently exceeding expectations. Under minimal supervision, uses extensive
knowledge of Insperity Benefit Plans to assist and educate clients and service team members on benefit plans. Researches and resolves escalated, complex benefit issues for resolution. Reviews, makes contact with client or worksite employee, and complete benefit enrollment forms. Acts as a liaison between internal constituents, health product vendors and the Service Region. Utilizes extensive knowledge of Insperity Benefits Plans to assist with client prospect meetings. Delivers medical reorientations and participate in transition process for new clients. Supports orientation during fall campaign as needed. Identifies and participates in the process to recommend and implement improvements that result in improved efficiency and effectiveness. Develops effective partnerships with Sales and Service team members to share product information, client information and client needs. Makes decisions, guided by policy, procedure and objectiveness with company-wide impact. Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate clients’ needs. Mentors and trains new Benefits Representatives. Acts as a project leader on nationwide or regional projects.
- Acts as primary Benefit Representative for new Mid Market clients. Maintains lead role for benefits information and process for key client contacts during initial phase of transition to Insperity.
- Ensures that Insperity and clients are in compliance with benefit laws and regulations.
- Serves as Mentor/Trainer to new and existing Benefits Representatives.
- Serves as a leader on regional and/or companywide projects and ensures effective completion of objectives.
- Supports ERISA and HIPAA compliance issues internally and externally.
- Analyzes benefit information supplied by clients and worksite employees.
- Responds to benefit related issues and needs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Interprets benefits and related policies and guidelines accurately for service operations and clients.
- Reviews reports and documents that impact benefit coverage; share relevant updates with team members and clients.
- Identifies benefit service solutions through partnering with team members in service operations.
- Participates in prospective client meetings to provide overview of benefit plan options.
- Delivers medical re-orientations for existing clients and support the transition of new clients.
- Supports the Contact Center in resolving escalated benefit issues.
- Supports Data Entry Representatives in training on new benefits related data entry guidelines and contact clients regarding incomplete benefit enrollment/change documents.
- Ensures the database reflects changes to meet business requirements of Insperity.
- Maintains knowledge in federal, state and local benefit administration laws, regulations and best practices.
- Supports transition of mid market clients as needed.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA compliance.
- Provides backup support to team members as required.
- Serves as a trainer on new and existing technologies and benefit products.
- Exercises continual, timely communication to teammates, Manager, Orientation, Payroll and Service Team Members on the status of relationship with client.
- Facilitates benefit presentations to worksite employees either in person or by phone conference as required.
- Acts as backup support for Orientation Representatives during fall campaign for client and/or employee meetings as needed.
- Alerts appropriate internal departments with information pertinent to the maintenance of the client relationship.
- Acts as liaison between internal constituents, health product vendors and Sales Representatives.
- Researches and formulates responses to complex benefit issue that impact the client relationship.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum 5 – 7 years experience in health care claims and administration required.
CBS certification preferred.
- Serves customers in a team environment.
- Presents benefit related information with excellence.
- Demonstrates ability to provide customer-focused interaction with clients via phone, email and in person.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate accurate information to internal teammates and external clients and to ensure understanding by recipient.
- Interacts with multiple internal and external business units.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Handles multiple tasks and activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrates consistent follow-up on client and internal request and needs.
- Uses Microsoft Office programs proficiently (Intermediate required, advanced preferred) and demonstrate ability to learn other application programs as needed.
If yes, up to 20% of time
What percent of time is this position required to drive a vehicle (other than Company issued) for business purposes? 20%
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’re regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work.”
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job