Job ID: 16852
Location: Houston Texas
For over 30 years, our client’s mission has been to serve as a one-stop source for equipment calibration, maintenance, and purchases. They offer extensive capabilities and innovative services by listening to their customers and staying ahead of industry developments and trends. Their goal is to produce peace of mind, certainty, and customer satisfaction through their services and to create rewarding, fulfilling career and team experiences for their employees.
Our client seeks an Accounting Manager to plan, direct, and execute all accounting operational functions. You will also hire, train, and retain skilled accounting staff, including internal and external resources, and manage ongoing performance.
To thrive, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Business Administration; Master’s or MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to manage the accounting staff responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Ability to recruit and hire accounting and financial staff and conduct performance evaluations.
- Ability to coordinate training programs for new staff and identify training needs for the current team.
Your responsibilities as the Accounting Manager will include:
- Establish internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversee preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return.
- Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinate with outside auditors and provide needed information for the annual external audit.
- Present recommendations to the CEO and management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provide financial analysis emphasizing capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation of $100K annually, depending on experience and extensive benefits package, enhances their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off and holidays
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.