Job ID: 16426
Location: Louisville Kentucky
Community Mortgage Loan Originator
America’s first billion-dollar black-owned bank, Liberty Bank and Trust is a part of history, and we don’t take that success or the privilege to serve our customers lightly. Liberty and our legacy institutions, with branches in 11 states, have stood steadfastly with underserved and often-forgotten communities for over 100 years.
We are growing and building our team with people who want to expand their horizons and surround themselves with inclusive, mission-driven peers looking to impact communities and families positively.
Our mission is to carry on the important work of generations of black-owned bank operators by preserving and providing access to affordable financial products and services to traditionally underserved markets. Liberty has been a lifeline for many who have pursued dreams of homeownership, growing businesses, providing for college, or even starting lifelong careers.
We strive to be as resilient as the people we serve. Whether it’s a community, a burgeoning business, or untapped talent, we believe in the possibility of financial freedom.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Liberty Bank and Trust mortgage team. If you have experience in community mortgage origination, we’d love to hear from you! To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.libertybank.net
As a Community Mortgage Loan Originator, you will originate portfolio loans, secondary market conventional, FHA, and VA loans compliant with investor requirements and all State and Federal laws and regulations. You will also create a new mortgage loan business for the bank by working with realtors, builders, past clients, in-bank referrals, and other referral partners.
At Liberty Bank and Trust, you’ll find freedom here – for our customers and you.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other relevant field
- At least 5 years of related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines, loan processing, underwriting, and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending is a plus
- Ability to manage a heavy pipeline of 25 plus loans and be familiar with FHA, VA, Federal Housing, Rural Housing, and HUD guidelines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Certificates and Licenses: Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS)
- Knowledgeable in using various types of mortgage software applications
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously, meet deadlines, and show flexibility to change direction when needed
- Service-oriented, polite, and respectful
- Problem-solving, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence, and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and/or legal documents
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence
- Continue to expand knowledge of issues influencing the industry and the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid skills and in-depth knowledge of mortgage lending theory and practice
Your responsibilities as the Mortgage Loan Originator will include:
- Be active in the community and in job-related organizations to enhance the network of beneficial contacts to achieve mortgage sales goals and objectives
- Market and promote Liberty Bank’s loan programs and financial products in the community
- Originate loans and meets the Company’s minimum production standards by taking complete and accurate loan applications, using Liberty Bank’s product set, processes, and systems
- Respond to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their contacts and other Liberty Bank business channels
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gathers any additional required information
- Take a complete application and collects all required documentation (such as income tax return, bank account number, purchase agreement, and property description, etc.) for verification
- Prepare the borrower(s) for the process and keeps ALL the parties involved in the process up to date on all critical developments and the status of the application
- Inform the applicant of closing costs such as appraisal, credit report, and notary fees
- Coordinate the closing with the borrower(s), closing agents, Realtors, and others involved in the transaction
- Ensure exceptional customer service by maintaining a thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies, and adhering to HMDA requirements
- Develop strong partnerships with employees to promote mortgage loan originations through the corporate footprint
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers and referral partners
- Exhibit consultative sales and promotional experience to provide recommendations based on financial analysis and acumen, product knowledge, and knowledge of the customer’s financial needs, goals, and circumstances
- Maintain the mortgage file to ensure all paperwork and documentation are current and accurate
- Maintain, audit, and update loan documents in Encompass according to the Mortgage Department’s policies and procedures
- Maintain current knowledge of the Bank’s policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations, as they relate to documents and funding
- Reconcile all fees and figures relating to each loan accurately and timely
- Perform other duties as assigned
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That’s why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Paid vacation and holidays, personal and sick days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Adoption Assistance
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K and match
- EAP/Health and Welfare Assistance
- Training and Development
- Online Marketplace* discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Leadership Development
- ERG/ Ambassador Group
- Free and reduced-rate bank services
We do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create. Within the company, there is also a future opportunity for growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.