Job ID: 17070
Location: Houston Texas 77079
Insperity provides the most comprehensive suite of scalable HR solutions available in the marketplace with an optimal blend of premium HR service and technology. With more than 90 locations throughout the U.S., Insperity is currently making a difference for thousands of businesses and communities nationwide.
Behind our success is the unshakeable belief in the value of our people. We value diversity, inclusivity and a sense of belonging. We celebrate work and life events, and we partner with our clients and communities to make great things happen.
We have received recognition numerous times as a top place to work, most recently ranking on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Companies to Work for 2024” list, and Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work in the U.S. 2023” list. There is no better time to be a part of Insperity, and our best work is yet to come. Learn more at Insperity.com.
Flexibility: Over 80% of Insperity’s jobs have flexibility. We want your time to have balance, whether it’s spent with coworkers, clients, family or your community.
Career Growth: Insperity provides many ways to grow with the company. We offer continuous learning programs, mentorship opportunities and ongoing training.
Well-Being: Our total rewards package includes generous paid time off, top-tier medical, dental and vision benefits, health & wellness support, paid volunteer hours and much more. We take care of our people so that you can do your best work.
Program Manager, Talent Development
We are currently seeking a Program Manager, Talent Development to join our team. This position is responsible for supporting innovative talent development programs through a continuous improvement approach to scoping projects, connecting to other relevant organization initiatives, partnering with internal departments and key stakeholders such as Marketing, Recruiting and department leaders to achieve program results. From design to implementation, this position is responsible for project management, data analysis, change management and communication planning.
- Performs analysis of programs to provide insight and recommendations on talent development throughout the employee life cycle; including recruiting, onboarding, engagement, learning and development, culture, flexible work and other relevant programs and initiatives that support business priorities.
- Supports the implementation plan for leadership development programs, aligning with high potential programs, performance management, mentor programs and employee experience through development of change management plans and partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Introduces innovative and scalable solutions to enhance Leadership Development programs, the employer brand and leader resources. Reports regularly to department leadership on progress and relies on industry standards, best practices, statistical analysis, and surveys to continuously improve programs.
- Fully owns program management from project scope definition, roadmap creation, planning and scheduling, and communicating status. Develops, maintains, and monitors program plans.
- Navigates dependencies between cross-functional teams and organization priorities. Effectively influences and proactively coordinates communication of plan progress with regular status updates to business leaders and project team members.
- Partners with Marketing, Talent Management, Learning & Performance Center of Excellence (COE), MidMarket, Corporate Human Resources, etc. teams and others to identify related processes, compliance, and communication opportunities for each talent development program, ensuring a comprehensive and unified message for employees with the rollout of companywide programs.
- Provides a consistent, exemplary internal experience across Service Operations with a results-driven approach and balanced emphasis on culture development, communication planning, change management and informed decision making.
- Supports integration efforts that include the learning management portal, corporate HR training programs, current departmental training programs, PerformSmart and other related platforms and systems.
- Aspires to and practices the Insperity mission and engages strategically with leaders and employees to serve the company culture, grow the business, and make a difference in our communities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Communications, or related field or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Seven to ten years in program management, change management, product development or project management is required. Experience in the PEO industry and consulting experience is desirable.
- Certification(s) in Talent Development or Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
- Experienced in leading cross-functional project teams in a collaborative and consensus-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into critical talent and workforce strategies/ initiatives.
- Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and organizational levels.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to changing structures and priorities.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to organize, analyze and summarize with superior writing and editing skills for creation of presentations and executive summaries.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and apply company policies, objectives and procedures including developing, organizing, and implementing new policies and processes.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, schedule, coordinate and make decisions and judgments relating to assigned projects and other responsibilities and the ability to analyze, interpret, review and edit information consistent with operational standards.
- Commitment to diverse and inclusive engagement and an ability to connect with others and cultivate relationships based on mutual trust and respect, collegiality, and kindness.
- Ability to anticipate and avoid issues and to negotiate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in the absence of supervision and work effectively with a wide range of people.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.