Job ID: 17691
Location: Nationwide Tennessee
Sales Director of Direct Sales
Are you a visionary sales leader with a proven track record of driving results? We’re on the hunt for a Director of Direct Sales to spearhead our client’s ambitious growth journey.
Established in 2016, our client boasts over 10 patents and is a pioneer in user-friendly, portable, high-speed data communication equipment. Their versatile product, renowned for its ultra-powerful, secure, and reliable features, seamlessly caters to small teams and entire organizations with cutting-edge technology. Despite challenges such as connectivity disruptions, remote locations, or natural disasters, our client is committed to enabling organizations to thrive. Specializing in world-class, portable, high-speed connectivity devices, they have developed a solution that ensures top-notch connectivity worldwide at the simple push of a button. Catering to federal, state, and local agencies and private organizations, they play a crucial role in facilitating mission-critical communications.
Our client seeks a well-organized leader to guide their direct sales team within the corporate strategy guidelines. As the Director of Direct Sales, you will help define the strategy and operations of the direct sales team. You will help ensure the sales team runs efficiently and that the sales reps are productive by analyzing data, setting individual sales goals and quotas, and creating sales territory plans. They will assign sales territories and conduct sales training. Serving as mentors for sales team members, you will also be involved in the recruitment and dismissal process. A proven track record of leading a sales team that sells directly to end-user customers will be essential for your success. You must also have a track record of managing sales pipelines, developing sales training content, and enabling sales reps to be more productive. This is an opportunity to be in a sales leadership role in a company experiencing high growth. As the Director of Direct Sales, you will work cross-functionally with the channel manager, marketing content manager, controller, and leadership team.
The Director of Direct Sales is based out of a home office and could transition to an office, and travel will be required of you to thrive in the role.
To prosper, you should have:
- 5-8 years in sales management, focusing on leading direct sales teams.
- Experience leading a sales organization which sells technical products.
- Direct sales experience across government sectors and commercial markets.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude, dedicated to enhancing sales rep productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills, expertise in sales automation tools, and team training.
- Proficient in NetSuite, agile planning in small business settings, and navigating org charts for effective executive outreach.
Your responsibilities as the Director of Direct Sales will include:
- Achieve and exceed sales goals and quotas consistently.
- Collaborate with leadership to establish organizational sales objectives.
- Lead the recruitment and hiring of a sales team with CEO input.
- Motivate and support team members in their professional growth within the company.
- Set and manage individual sales quotas, evaluating team performance and accountability.
- Streamline and optimize sales processes for efficiency.
- Manage and enhance the sales pipeline’s quality, accuracy, and communication.
- Oversee sales data management, ensuring accuracy, integrity, and cleanliness.
- Develop and conduct comprehensive sales training programs, including onboarding and product training.
- Structure compensation plans, validate commissions, and lead territory alignment and customer profiling efforts.
Best-in-Class Benefits and Perks:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation of $110,000.00-$150,000.00 annually, depending on experience and extensive benefits package, enhances their commitment to your success. Our client’s benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental, and vision insurance provided
- Robust retirement planning: 401(k) plan available with employer matching
- Financial security: Life and disability insurance for added protection
- Flexible financial options: Health savings and flexible spending accounts offered
- Well-being and work-life balance: Paid time off, flexible schedule, and remote work
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.